Position: Marine Superintendent
Dated Posted: July 2019
KYKLADES MARITIME CORPORATION seeks to employ a full-time Marine Superintendent, who will be responsible for a fleet of crude/product Tankers (Aframax/Suezmax/VLCC), in charge of
- The promotion of Company’s Management System (CMS) Policies and culture on board vessels.
- Demonstrating his commitment to safety and environmental excellence, by his behavior.
- Inspecting vessels in port and en-route in respect to safety, navigational, cargo operational and environmental protection matters as per CMS requirements and reporting all findings to the Company whilst taking corrective steps for urgent matters.
- Inspecting and verifying hygiene, living conditions and entertainment facilities for onboard personnel, reporting findings to the Company.
- Performing internal audits, sailing visits and pre-vetting when required.
- Performing navigational, cargo and mooring audits and keep records as per company’s standards. Findings to be categorized and trends to be identified.
- Prepares inspection report (VIR) outlining observations and defects found on board inspected vessels.
- Close monitoring and follow up of vessel’s maintenance status.
- Review and approval of all deck and paints requisitions.
- Ensures that all vessels are supplied with proper mooring wires and ropes as per Company’s standards
- Maintain and promote navigational standards on board vessels.
- Arrange supply/renewal and proper certification of all safety, LSA and FFA. Maintenance of safety-related equipment and keeping of proper operational records.
- Supervising vessel’s commercial operations (tank cleaning, loading and discharging) in port and enroute; ensuring efficient and safe use of the equipment and compliance of the vessel with her commercial obligations.
- Checking Loading / Discharging / Ballasting plans and procedures, COW and Passage plans and all other operation-related forms.
- Checking the navigational operations on board Company vessels including updating nautical charts, publications and corrections.
- Issuing visit reports that include his remarks on the vessel’s condition, personnel (including level of cooperation) and equipment; makes recommendations for rectification of deficiencies or improvements to the existing situation.
- Verifying that safe working practices are followed in accordance to industry standards, current regulations and the CMS.
- Advising DPA on CMS issues that require revision/improvement.
- Investigating accidents, incidents and serious near misses.
- Reviewing all CAR (Corrective Action request) reports for his assigned vessels. Follow-up the implementation, verification of corrective actions process, inclusive effectiveness and suggest to the DPA possible improvements / modifications of the CMS, if required.
- Monitoring and evaluating the performance of Masters, Chief Officers, Chief Engineers and Officers onboard, reporting accordingly to Operations Manager.
- To provide consultation / feedback to the Office regarding the development of instructions and procedures covering Office and Vessel operations.
Current position will offer the opportunity to the candidate to work in a team driven environment, develop his/her leadership skills and expand his/her knowledge on ship’s overall management and operation apart from the technical aspect.
- Competitive remuneration
- Medical insurance
- Work for one of the best companies in Ship Management, located in Athens
- Continuous improvement
Eligible candidates should meet the following requirements:
- At least 5 years total sea service up to the level of Captain Class A’ on Tankers and at least 1 year in Rank
- Office experience in the Marine Department of a company managing Tanker vessels will be an asset
- Studies in Shipping and Maritime will be an asset
- Excellent knowledge of English language (verbal and written)
- Very good command of MS Office Applications and adept in Computer applications
- Ability to travel abroad frequently and extensively
- Well Organised, Results oriented, self-motivated person
- Leadership and Communication skills
- Work well in a team environment
Please send your CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org and quote Ref.: MRNSUPT2019