D & A Policy
Drugs & Alcohol Policy
KYKLADES MARITIME CORPORATION has a Drug/Alcohol Policy, which fully meets the recommendations in the “O.C.I.M.F. Guidelines for the control of Drugs and Alcohol on board ship”.
- With regard to the Alcohol, this Policy is based on the following:
- The consumption of alcohol is strictly prohibited on board company vessels, except three times a week, of one bottle of 330ml beer per day, already opened to avoid gathering. Alcohol consumption is strictly prohibited during vessel’s cargo operations.
- All crew members will totally abstain from alcohol for 4 hours prior to any period of scheduled responsibility i.e. watch keeping duties, port arrival/departure, scheduled repairs etc.
- Alcohol impairment in terms of alcohol content in blood, is 0.04% (BAC) or 0.25 mg/l in the breath or greater.
- All Officers, Petty Officers and Ratings will be tested both at sea and in port at random intervals. In case of accident, all involved will be tested for alcohol and drugs by shore based certified body if feasible or using the on board, certified by Medscreen, test kit, immediately or the soonest possible after the accident. The Master or shore management may initiate tests.
- An adequate number of tests at random intervals will be planned with the objective that all Officers and Petty Officers and ratings, will be tested at least once a month. Further the Master can order alcohol testing at any time, if there is suspicion of alcohol abuse by any crew - member.
- All testing for Alcohol will be done with the use of breath analyzer.
- Possession, distribution or sale of alcohol is strictly prohibited on board company’s vessels.
- With regard to the drugs, this policy is based on the following:
- All Officers and Petty Officers and ratings will be tested prior to joining a company’s vessel.
- In addition to the above random drug testing for all Officers, Petty Officers and ratings will be carried out at least once a year. In case of accident, all involved will be tested for drugs if feasible, immediately or the soonest possible after the accident. Further the Master can order drug testing at any time, if there is suspicion of drug abuse by any crew - member.
- All testing for drugs will be done by urine analysis and in case of positive results will verified by a second more precise test.
- Possession, distribution or sale of drugs is strictly prohibited onboard company’s vessel.
- If a prospect crew - member found positive in the pre-joining drug test he/she will be not offered employment. If found positive at a random test after employment, then the statement of paragraph 4 below will be implied.
- Failure to comply with the above will result to employment suspension and immediate repatriation with possible relevant financial and/or legal consequences.