Corporate & Social Responsibility
Our approach to Corporate & Social Responsibility (CSR) encompasses many initiatives and is based on a commitment to maintain high standards in everything we do. We are mindful of the ever increasing risks we face and the need to invest in improving the capabilities of our staff ashore and onboard as well as in the management systems they deploy. Our belief is that we must continue to work hard to embed a culture which believes in doing what is right for our clients and the wider communities we serve, the environment and for our staff. In other words, there is always room for improvement.
Our reputation to date has been built on a strong foundation of honesty and transparency - in our day to day business affairs and when we must deal with incidents involving serious threats to people, property and the environment. We are committed to protecting our reputation and that of our partners in the years to come.
Further information about specific CSR initiatives can be found below:
Kyklades Maritme seeks to provide the highest standards of service to its customers and, to achieve this, the company fully recognizes the vital role that its sea staff play. The Seafarers' Charter confirms how any seaborne member of staff can expect to be treated.
Kyklades, therefore, recognizes:
- The right to a safe and secure workplace that complies with safety standards
- The right to fair terms of employment
- The right to decent living and working conditions on board
- The right to health protection and welfare measures and other forms of social protection
- The full implementation of the above rights
In addition Kyklades Maritime confirms its commitment to ensuring that:
- Employment is offered to seafarers free of charge
- A workplace free of discrimination of any kind is provided
- Wage payments and allotments are paid in a timely fashion and measures are in place to verify this
- All seafarers receive wages to which they are contractually entitled
- Every effort is made to relieve seafarers at the time stipulated in the contract of employment and that measures are in place to achieve this
- Recruiting offices provide a welcoming environment and courteous disposition towards all seastaff
- Shorebased employees treat all seastaff with respect at all times and that this respect is reciprocated to promote harmony on board
- There is follow up of any complaint from seafarers alleging non compliance with this charter
- There is commitment to improving seafarers lives at sea and ashore as an ongoing priority
If you are not treated in accordance with the provisions of the charter you may contact the following email address and your complaint will be investigated: email@example.com